Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday March 12th 2009 6:28 AM




Just got back from the gym and had such a great workout! I had so much energy....probably because (drum roll please) MARLEY SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! I can't believe what a difference it makes. Me and her went to bed at 8 and I woke up at 2 worried that she hadn't woke up to eat yet. I went in her room to check on her and sure enough she was just sound asleep. I was so engorged I laid in bed just waiting and hoping she would wake up to eat and relieve me! Finally at 3 she ate and immediately went back to sleep and is still sleeping now. I LOVE IT!!!! Her new schedule is great actually....she wakes up about 8 and then takes a nap from 10-11 and then again from about 12-2 and then she is awake all day until she goes down for the night now at about 8. This way I get everything done in the morning and then we have the whole afternoon to do stuff without having to worry about her needing a nap. AND we ALL get better sleep at night. God I hope she does this again tonight!
I can't believe Marley is almost 4 months already. Its sad that it goes so fast, but I also can't wait for her next milestones. Like sitting up and eating solid food...that will be so much fun to feed her food! I always dream of the day she will be able top wrap her arms around my neck and tell me she loves me. mmmmmmmm that will be so wonderful! :)

We went on a play date with Alison and Madison Tuesday. Funny thing is that after this picture was taken of them in the car, they both fell asleep and slept the entire time. It was nice though, Alison and I went to lunch and then to frozen yogurt :) We checked out this place in Oceanside that I heard is fun for infants, but we got there and it was pretty lame, so since the kids were sleeping anyways we just decided to leave. There is this great program here in San Diego (and probably other places too) called First 5 and it is funded completely by cigarette tax and provides kids before the age of 5 with tons of free resources like classes, books, childcare, healthcare, really anything that will maximize their wellness and education before they turn 5. They call it education readiness. It is very cool. When Marley was a week old they sent a nurse out to the house to check on us. They call us every week to tell us about all the free stuff going on around town that week. Good stuff! We are going to start taking a baby sign language class at 5 months and probably swimming around 8 months. I also want to start Spanish classes at about 1.

No comments: