Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wednesday November 12th, 2008

39 WEEKS PREGNANT TODAY!!!!!
What a journey it has been! I am so excited to meet Marley...it's killing me. Went to the doctor yesterday and I am still 1 cm and 80% effaced, but her head is actually higher than it was two weeks ago. She was a -1 two weeks ago and now she is a -3. Of course we were a little bummed because we are so anxious to have her in our arms, but I also know that she won't come until she is ready so I will patiently wait :) Plus, Liana is flying in just to be here for the birth and she doesn't get in until the 17th (5 more days). Megan's husband Keith thinks Marley will come on the 15th and Greg thinks she will come on her due date (the 21st). All this time, I thought she would come early, but now I am starting to think she may be a Thanksgiving baby. I honestly feel that she can come any minute because my belly is SO tight that I don't know how it will grow any more without puncturing the bag of water and breaking it. I learned that only 10% of women begin labor with their water breaking (so it rarely happens the way it does in the movies of course), but I think this would be so exciting. I love walking into restaurants thinking "will my water break here?!" What a great story that would make :) Its all exciting to think about really though. Knowing that any moment could be THE moment is quite a thrill! And to think that in just 2 weeks, we will be here at home with our new babygirl and a house full of family for Thanksgiving is such an amazing and heart warming feeling!! Carolyn has been calling me every day checking on me and the baby and is just so excited...its really cute! I get so excited to see the look on everyones face when they meet her for the first time! Grandma Suzy get's here on December 2nd and having three generations of us girls together will be so meaningful!!!! Then when Marley and me are up to flying, we will take a trip back home and visit great grandma Lucy for all four generations to be together :) I am most excited to see grandma Lucy hold Marley....how amazing that will be!!
Here are some recent photos. The first one is our childbirth class that we took at Tri-City hospital right down the street. We had so much fun in this class! It was once a week for 6 weeks and we learned a little bit about everything including breathing and birthing techniques. We are supposed to have a class reunion in January with all the babies which should be a lot of fun!







Our friends James is a photographer and came to the house to take some pics of us at 37 weeks and then my friend Jamie took some belly pics of me the next day. Between the two photoshoots, we got some very nice pics :)

Pete and Laura gave birth to their third little girl last Sunday 11/9! She was finally induced since her due date was 11/1. Avery Francis McKinlay is so BEAUTIFUL!! We went to the hospital and saw then just a couple hours after she was born and I couldn't believe how fabulous Laura looked! She looked so relaxed and just gorgeous....not like she had just given birth. This was her third, so granted she has had some practice. She said the birth was like a spa day compared to the pain of her entire pregnancy....poor thing. Avery came in just two pushes and was born a perfect little girl with a head full of beautiful black hair! Holding her was an incredible feeling for me because all I could think about was how I would be holding my own little girl just days from now (fighting back tears right now!). I was so tripped out by the fact that a baby just like this one was inside me right now. WOW, it was an incredible experience. Marley and Avery are going to be the best of friends :)
This pic is just last weekend when I was going to visit lindsey for her birthday! Linds has become a very very dear friend to Greg and I and I was so glad I could be there for her because I guess no one really remembered her b-day and she was bummed! I cheered her up with some gifts and some girlie time :) It was nice! Her and Chris are getting married on the Hudson river in up state NY next September and Greg and I are definitely going. We have never been to NY before so I am hoping to make it into a nice little trip. I asked Dad if him and Marge would like to come stay in the house and watch Marley while we go which hopefully works out. This way we can take a couple days and explore NYC!!! Then in November we will take Marley for her first vacation to Maui!!! We just booked it thanks to mom (THANK YOU MOM) and we are so excited for our first family vacation.
I am proud to say that Marley and me were part of one of the biggest days in history....we voted together on November 4th for Obama who was later that day announced the new president of the united states. I am excited for Marley's future with Obama as president as I think this world will start to see a lot of good changes!
I love this pic of Kayla and my belly!!! This pic was taken quite awhile back...around August time I believe, so that would have made me about 7 months or so.


Here is Greg at our 38 week appointment. Every time he comes the doc (dr. dunn) gives him the honor of listening to the heartbeat! It is fun because Greg gets to participate....otherwise he just sits there and gets to watch the doc stick his hand waaaayyy up inside to feel Marley's head :)
Our next appointment and last appointment is next Tuesday the 18th. We will get an ultrasound which is exciting because I want to see how big this girl is!! And if she comes before then??? Guess we'll see!!!!!!

No comments: